Yes, another video!
[Before we talk video, have you followed 10 new people yet?]
You’ve been thinking about what it might be to be n camera.
Today, Day 19, I insist you have some fun creating a “My view today” video. And by that I mean, a 10-25 second video of what you are looking at, at the moment. That’s it, that’s all it’s going to be. Sort of like a BeReal, if you know what that is.
Maybe your view is your laptop, or messy desk, a pile of laundry, a sunny day, rainy afternoon, or car that needs a wash. Let us see the world from your eyes. Shed some light into your day. Let people get to know you!
I’m a nut about privacy, so be sure there’s nothing in the shot or background that is too identifying, such as mail on the table with your address, your license plate, etc.
The best part is this relieves you of having to be on camera!
Of course if you like, you can turn it to selfie mode and wave hello or whatever. You can station the camera so you’re able to walk around and explain your surroundings. If you want a refresher on making the camera love you, have a look here: https://bitsykemper.com/zoom/
I found some more great general tips on making great video content for social media here.
- Please help motion-sick-prone peeps like me by NOT shooting video while you’re walking around, though.
- Avoid bumping the camera up and down or moving it too quickly in any direction. Even physically turning the camera around to face the other direction is quease-inducing–use the built-in camera function to instantly change views.
- Add text so people with sound turned off know what’s going on. (You’ll notice I haven’t gotten around to doing that on mine!)
- At the end, ask followers what THEY see at the moment (or for their version of whatever you are doing). Ask for some insight into their days and lives. (Always look for ways to engage.)
- Practice a few times until you get the hang of it. No one needs to know how many takes it took you to get this 10-second shot!
Looking forward to seeing you! (Or not, lol)
One thought on “31 Day Author Platform Challenge Day 19: Being Real”
Pingback: 31 Day Author Platform Challenge Day 24: TIL Video - Bitsy Kemper